Non-Prorated Lifetime Warranty
Our products are warranted against such defects in materials and workmanship that might result in : blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding or fading of the frames and sash members within the generally accepted industry standards.
This warranty shall be null and void under the following conditions:
- Material is damaged during handling or installation.(without GSW installation team)
- Harmful solvents or abrasive cleaners are used on the aluminum,timber or vynil frame or sash members
- Normal cleaning practices are followed periodically ( minimum twice a year )
- Frame or sash members are painted or coated in any way
Lifetime (25 Years) limited warranty on colored windows and hardware components excluding sash balance, casement and awning hardware.
Our company will replace/repair, at its sole discretion, any hardware component proven to be defective, to the original dealer on a no charge basis. Labor associated with transport the removal or re-installation is not covered under this warranty.
Color change due to normal weathering is excluded from this warranty. Normal weathering is defined as any exposure to ultraviolet (sun) light, weather and atmospheric conditions which will cause any colored or painted surface to fade, darken, chalk or acquire a surface accumulation of dirt or stains. The severity of these conditions depends on air quality, location of your home and other local conditions.
Lifetime Insulated Glass Warranty
Our Company (GSW ENERGY CO) warrants that the insulated glass window units are covered by a Lifetime Warranty against sealed unit failure. Labor associated with the removal or re-installation is not covered under this warranty.
This warranty shall be null and void under the following conditions:
- If the unit is damaged during handling or installation (without GSW installation team)
- If the unit is subject to undue stress resulting from localized temperature differentials causing excessive temperature differentials, or from excessive movement or vibration
- If the glass panes are damaged in any way, whether as a result of negligence, force of nature or acts of God.
- This Limited Lifetime Warranty is transferable one time by the original purchaser withing the first 15 years from date of installation.
Upon transfer, the subsequent owner will be responsible for 50% of the company’s selling price for insulating glass at that time.
This limited warranty applies only in respect to products used strictly for the purpose for which they were intended.
Limited Warranty Limitations
Our company’s liability solely and exclusively for repair or replacement, at the option of GSW ENERGY CO and under no circumstances will we be liable for incidental or consequential charges, such as, but not limited to, labor costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property or any other expense.
Replacement Parts and Repair
Our company (GSW ENERGY CO) reserves the right to discontinue or change any window currently manufactured. If we determine to make a replacement under the terms of this Limited Warranty and exact replacement parts are not available, we reserve the right to substitute a part, or parts, of equal quality at its own option. All warranty replacement parts and repairs must be claimed through your regional dealer.
Exclusion From This Limited Warranty
The following are excluded from coverage under this limited warranty:
- The limited warranty stipulated in this document is the only warranty applicable in whole, or in part, and is granted in lieu of any warranties written or oral otherwise implied by law or equity and no such warranties shall apply to GSW ENERGY CO.
- Exposure to sunlight, air pollutants and normal atmosphere conditions may cause all surfaces to gradually fade, chalk or suffer an accumulation of surface dirt or stains. These are normal occurrences and are not covered under GSW ENERGY CO Limited Warranty.
- Any defect, malfunction or failure to perform which has occurred because of unreasonable use or lack of necessary maintenance.
- Any damage to the window or components thereof, caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightning or other acts of God, intentional acts, accidents, negligence or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants.
- Broken glass or torn screens as a result of any cause.
- Damage caused by improper handling or installation.
- Any window which has been repaired, modified or attempted to be repaired/modified by any person other than a authorized representative of German System Windows team.
- Condensation on windows, which may occur as the natural result of humidity within the house or building area and changed in outside/inside temperatures, does not indicate a manufacturing defect and would not be included in this limited warranty.
- Windows and Doors are not installed as set out by S.A.W.D.A.C ( http://www.sawdac.com/consumer_info_pdfs/doc_20100309160153.pdf )
THIS WINDOW GLASS WARRANTY IS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1,2013 AND APPLIES ONLY TO WINDOWS INVOICED AFTER THAT !
German System Windows Steel – Fiberglass and Aluminum Doors Warranty
Fully Transferable, Non-Prorated
GSW ENERGY CO warrants that each door that they manufacture is free of manufacturing and/or material defect for 20 Years under normal use and service. Subject to the limitations and conditions herein.
Factory Polytex White Steel Door Panel
- The steel door panel of the entry door system will not warp, rust, or buckle for a period of 20 years from the date of purchase.
- Our fiberglass door panels will not dent, rot, or buckle for a period of 20 years from the date of purchase.
- Our smooth fiberglass door panels will not dent, rot, or buckle for a period of 20 years from the date of purchase. Note: There will always be some minor imperfections when painting a smooth fiberglass panel; therefore, these small imperfections will not be classified as a defect in workmanship.
- Decorative and clear glass units are also warranted for a period of 20 years not to develop obvious obstructions of vision as a result of seal failure. There is a standard rule in the industry that states the obstruction must be visible from a distance of 3 feet away to qualify as an obstruction. Minor discoloration of the caming in door lites is a normal occurrence and is not covered under this warranty. Glass breakage is not covered under this warranty.
- The paint finish on steel or fiberglass doors, painted by German System Windows, are warranted for a period of 5 years against such defects in material and workmanship that might result in blistering, peeling or uneven discoloration.
- Exposure to sunlight, air pollutants and normal atmospheric conditions may cause paint surface to gradually fade. This warranty shall be null and void if harmful solvents are used to clean any surface.
- The stain finish on Aluminum doors, stained by German System Windows, are warranted for a period of 25 years against such defects in material and workmanship that might result in blistering, peeling or uneven discoloration.
- Exposure to sunlight, air pollutants and normal atmospheric conditions may cause the stained surface to gradually fade. This warranty shall be null and void if harmful solvents are used to clean any surface. The stain process attempts to replicate a aluminum door.
- GSW ENERGY CO will not warranty frames that use hot melt as a sealant. It is common for the hot melt to ooze out of the frame onto the glass. This is the nature of these frames and is not covered under this warranty.
These warranties apply only in respect to products used strictly for the purpose for which they were intended.GSW ENERGY CO ( German System Windows’s )liability is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement, at the option and discretion of German System Windows, and under no circumstances will German System Windows be liable for labor or inconvenience costs for any purpose. German System Windows reserves the right to discontinue or change any door.
currently manufactured. If German System Windows determines to initiate a replacement under the terms of these warranties and an exact replacement part is not available, German System Windows reserves the right to substitute a part or parts of equal quality at its own option.
No warranty work will be done without the end user providing proof of purchase.
Warranty limitations and exclusions
- Air or water leakage or any other damage or malfunction due to improper or faulty installation will void these warranties.(without GSW installation team)
- Exposure to sunlight, air pollutants and normal atmosphere conditions may cause all vinyl laminated surfaces to gradually fade, chalk, or suffer an accumulation of surface dirt or stains. These are normal occurrences and are not covered under these warranties.
- Any defect, malfunction or failure to perform, which has occurred because of unreasonable use, improper application or failure to perform reasonable or necessary maintenance will void these warranties.
- Any damage to the door, or components of the door, caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed will void these warranties.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightening, or other acts of God, intentional acts, accidents, negligence or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants will void these warranties.
- Damage or malfunction caused by improper handling or installation will void the warranties.
- Condensation on inside of doors, which may occur as the natural result of humidity within the house or building area, and changes in outside/inside temperature does not qualify as a warranty issue.
- All door systems with storm doors installed will nullify and void these warranties; due to excessive heat build- up.
- War-page of up to 3/16” in the plane of the door panel, bow or misalignment in the door frame in which the door panel is hung is considered and acceptable variance in the industry and does not constitute a warranty claim.
- Doors installed within 5 miles (8 km) from any-body of salt water, carry a modified 2 1⁄2 year paint and 10 year components warranty.
- This warranty will be deemed null and void if the owner/purchaser modifies or otherwise alters the product in any way.
- Labor costs relating to the investigation of a claim will be charged to and paid by the claimant.
- If the request for service proves to not be a manufacturing defect, the manufacturer may charge the customer an inspection fee as well as any travel and labor costs.
- A clear coat should be applied to stained fiberglass doors every two years to maintain the richness of the stain and maintain qualifications of warranties.