WHY CHOOSE EUROPEAN TILT & TURN WINDOWS ?
Many of our customers have been asking if it is worth it buying tilt & turn windows. The answer is YES ! In today’s blog post we will provide you with 10 reasons why you should choose Tilt & Turn Windows for your home, and also how they will benefit you.
10 Reasons to choose European Tilt and Turn Windows
1. Energy Efficiency – Who wouldn’t like a lower energy bill? And while you are saving money, why not lessen your environmental footprint? The majority of Tilt & Turn style windows and doors utilize materials and production methods that regulate indoor temperature, improving energy efficiency and minimizing the damaging environmental effects that contribute to climate change ; due to an ability to regulate indoor temperature, these clever windows and doors contribute to lower heating and cooling costs, with energy savings upwards of 60 % for an average home.
2. Temperature Control – Opening windows on a hot summer day instead of cranking the AC is a gallant gesture but not necessary an efficient one this creates air flow but not air exchange. Alternatively, turning up the heat on a chilly Northern American fall or winter day won’t solve your temperature woes; this will only contribute to ever increasing heating costs and environmental damage. Tilt & Turn windows and doors contain a thick, durable air chamber built into the frame. This feature prevents cold air from being transferred to the middle air chamber, and inhibits warm air from escaping the resulting ‘air lock’ keeps your home comfortably cool in the summer, and cozy and warm in the winter.
3. Sound Reduction – Noise pollution can be a serious problem, especially in urban areas with heavy traffic. Even in quieter residential areas, you and your family could easily be awoken by a sound in the night, such as the neighbor’s dog barking or a baby crying. Tilt & Turn style windows and doors provide substantial noise reduction, and leas to less noise in rooms where they are installed; the rubber seal and multi point locking mechanism creates an airtight seal which improves insulation and limits noise impact, providing you and your family with some much needed peace and quiet.
4. Easy to clean – It is rare when a window can make cleaning easier. But with the window placed in the turn position, you can safely clean the exterior of your windows while you stay inside your home. That means no ladder or extra effort. A seasonal chore easily becomes normal maintenance with a simple turn of a handle.
5. More secure – For a Tilt & Turn window to function it requires internal hardware with multiple locking points. Additionally, the in-swing hinges further secure the window from being forced/pulled open from the exterior. The tilt position also aids in security while still enabling ventilation. The inward tilt still allows the window to remain open with little ability to maneuver the window fully-open by unwanted “guests”.
6. Better Air-Seals – The performance of a tilt and turn window is one of the less obvious ways this windows is superior to its competition. Better air seals yield a tighter seal, creating an air-tight window. Traditionally, sliding, single hung, and double hung windows are much more prone to air and water leakage due to their lack of air seals and poor quality. However, GSW Tilt & Turn windows boast 2-4 air seals per window creating a truly air-tight high-performance product.
7.Aesthetic Hidden Sash – Many of our clients prefer minimal design, so our hidden sash style is a welcomed option. The Hidden Sash frame mimics the look of our fixed windows, while providing the function of a fully operable window. This allows architectural lines to remain consistent with uniform window frames throughout, regardless of window types.
8. Durability – When renovating your home, you undoubtedly expect your new windows and doors to stand the test of time (without compromising your budget). European style Tilt & Turn windows and doors are engineered to provide long lasting performance, from steel reinforced framing to a compression seal sash with two weather seals, that provide lasting style, function and peace of mind without breaking the bank.
9. Easy to use – Cleaning windows and doors is a task we all dread, but the Tilt & Turn style simplifies cleaning; exterior and interior surfaces can be effortlessly cleaned from inside the room. There is no need for professionals to clean your exterior window panes, and there is certainly no need in climbing a ladder to complete the task yourself.
10. Hidden Hinges – All our windows are available with hidden hinges, truly enabling a clean effortless look. This sleek option given the illusion of a fixed windows while remaining operable. Plus, no obtrusive hardware distracting the eye, lends itself to a more modern aesthetic.