GSW // WHAT IS ANODIZING AND WHY CHOOSE IT FOR ALL OF OUR ALUMINUM SCHÜCO USA & REYNAERS USA SYSTEMS?
Anodizing is an electrochemical process in which aluminum is actively involved, making it difficult to compare with the rest of available surface treatments. You can find amazing anodizing in our aluminum products Schüco USA & Reynaers USA by GSW. To learn more, keep reading.
What is anodizing and why choose it?
During this process a thin layer of aluminum oxide is created and fully integrated on the outer surface of the profiles, offering remarkable attributes to aluminum profiles such as:
- Aesthetics: Unique aesthetics that highlight the metallic nature of aluminum
- Color Stability: long lasting color preservation, as anodized surfaces have very high lightfastness and total UV resistance and are merely affected by environments conditions. As you know, Schüco USA & Reynaers USA, care a lot about making sure your windows look top notch, so anodizing gives you amazing color stability.
- Durability: both during fabrication, handling, installation and use
- unparalleled endurance in corrosion, rendered ideal for use in strained environments, such as coastal areas, environment with high pollutants etc.
- resistance to abruption, since anodizing color is integrated inside the aluminum and is not just a layer on top of it
- resistance to scratches, as anodizing process creates a rough ceramic coating on aluminum surface
- Ease of Maintenance: Due to the all the aforementioned durability attributes of anodized profiles, the required maintenance is minimum. Simple rinsing or mild soap and water cleaning will restore an anodized surface to its original appearance, while mild abrasive cleaners can be used for more difficult deposits.
- Health and Safety: An anodized product is chemically stable, will not decompose, is non-toxic and fully recyclable.
Anodizing is a process of strict precision and high standards, therefore not any applicator can deliver high quality and service. In this respect, Schüco USA & Reynaers USA by GSW ensure to adopt and implement only the best procedures and practices available, so as to conform to all environmental and safety policies and respect its customers and employees.
Schüco USA & Reynaers USA by GSW operate a quality, environmental and safety system. As a pioneer in development and production of aluminum architectural systems, Schüco USA & Reynaers USA by GSW are among the first companies to invest in anodizing and now have a lot of experience.
What options are available?
Schüco USA & Reynaers USA by GSW are well aware that modern trends have evolved and they have created an unmatched pallet of anodizing colors for exterior and interior architectural applications.
As anodized aluminum is a reflective surface, its coloring output may differ in different lighting conditions. Therefore, the digital representation of our anodizing color guide is indicative. These are only a few of our amazing options.
For more color options please send us an email with all information needed and we will get back to you as soon as possible.